Vice President National Services
Budd Van Lines (BVL) – America’s Leader in Corporate Relocation
2005 – 2013 (8 years)
– Led staff of 50 people including management, professional and administrative personnel in Account Management, Customer Service, Risk Management, Billing, and Human Resources. Worked in tandem with Operational Management to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
– Initiated turnaround of company-wide information technology project and orchestrated all aspects of inter-departmental team to bring project to successful conclusion. This project demonstrated my strong project management skills along with my ability to manage cross functional teams
– Spearheaded a quality initiative with Communico’s Magic® training program in 2008 which resulted significant improvement in three internal Budd Van Lines Client Services Quality Assurance scores as well as Industry Recognition from four organizations. Specific results from this initiative include:
• Communication (helpfulness) of your Budd Van Lines Move Coordinator throughout the move: The number of excellent scores increased 109% since 2004 and 42% from 2006.
• Timeliness and professionalism of Budd Van Lines’ drivers and crew: The number of excellent scores increased 87% since 2004 and 35% from 2006.
• Overall moving experience with Budd Van Lines: The number of excellent scores increased 129% since 2004 and 44% from 2006.
Recognition by External Industry Organizations -
• Budd Van Lines was rated top in the nation in the 2008 and 2009 Surveys of Corporate Relocation Managers and rated the highest Net Satisfaction score on surveys of Nationwide Relocating Employee by Trippel Survey & Research
• Budd Van Lines was included in Parsifal Corporation’s 2008 and 2009 Benchmarking Report. The report is utilized by Parsifal’s clients to benchmark their own carrier service results against the best of the best.
• Budd Van Lines won a total of six awards at the 2008 Cartus Global Network, including the most prestigious and coveted Cartus Cup award which is presented to a Cartus service provider who has achieved exceptional quality standards and demonstrated outstanding performance, commitment, collaboration and partnership. Recipients must also maintain a strong commitment to Cartus’ mission, vision and values as well as dedication to delivering an exceptional customer experience each and every day. (Cartus is a services corporation specializing in employee relocation.)
• New Jersey WareHousemen Movers Association Awards
First annual Lexicon World of Quality Award (recognizes customer satisfaction and performance in global mobility) in 2011
Click BVL Delivers Consistent Quality and Award-winning Service for more information on this project.
– Envisioned consistent service culture and implemented customer relations training resulting in quality assurance scores of 95% or greater for 4 years straight.
– Restructured service delivery model from silos to high performing cross-functional teams.
– Developed key performance indicators to benchmark and measure efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction to monitor progress toward goals and make data driven decisions.
– Executed post-sale activities including implementing contracts, meeting client requirements, making presentations, resolving service escalations, conducting performance reviews, creating actions plans, and building relationships to grow business partnerships.
– Streamlined billing process increasing cash flow by 13% over 4 years.
– Initiated risk management process improvements resulting in decrease of average days to close claims by 50% for 5 consecutive years.
– Initiated and led a corporate social responsibility program to fight hunger across America and made hunger relief business as usual. In 2012 I initiated a partnership with Move for Hunger to fight hunger in America and Rutgers Against Hunger to fight hunger in New Jersey. I was featured in a community give-back segment on ABC-7 Eyewitness News and featured in 8 caring community articles throughout Central New Jersey (Courier-News, Home News Tribune, mycentraljersey.com). Budd Van Lines collected and donated 20,000 pounds of food to those in need over a two year period and as a result was recognized as Move for Hunger’s Mover of the Month. Click Move for Hunger to view a video that describes the effort. Click Rutgers Against Hunger to read an article about BVL partnership with this organization.
– Maintained high quality strategic human resources initiatives while developing staff.
Director of Human Resources
Budd Van Lines – America’s Leader in Corporate Relocation
1999 – 2005 (6 years)
– Designed and implemented human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization.
– Led a team of 5 professional and administrative personnel in strategic design, development, and implementation of all Human Resources management functions to support the Corporate Headquarters and 10+ Regional Service Centers.
– Served on Executive Strategic Planning Committee to develop company’s three-year strategic plan including strategic analysis, formulation, and implementation.
– Redesigned group insurance program resulting in savings of $1.3 million over 2 years.
– Developed base compensation program to support the business strategy including market analysis, ranges, merit increase budget, process for extreme salaries, and job descriptions.
– Developed and implemented streamlined performance assessment process including a performance reward matrix to link pay recommendations to performance.
– Developed and implemented the organization’s reduction-in-force activities that guided the company in successfully closing a division and downsizing several operational units.
Specialties: Benefits, Career Development, Change Management, Communications, Compensation, Corporate Culture, Employee Relations, Legal and Regulatory Compliance, Organizational Development, Performance Management, Policies, Practices, Procedures, Recruitment, Retention, Succession Planning, Strategic Business Advisor, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training and Development
Human Resources Manager
Somerset Tire Service, Inc.
1990 – 1999 (9 years)
– Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
– Planned, organized, and controlled all activities of the HR department.
– Developed department goals, objectives, and systems.
– Implemented and annually updated compensation program; rewrote job descriptions; conducted annual salary surveys and developed compensation budget; analyzed compensation; monitored performance evaluation program.
– Developed, recommended, and implemented personnel policies and procedures; prepared and maintained employee handbook; performed benefits administration to include claims resolution, changed reporting, approved invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of program for cost effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow.
– Developed and maintained equal employment opportunity initiatives; filed EEO-1 annually; maintained other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
– Conducted recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conduct new-employee orientations; monitor career development program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing; write and place advertisements.
– Developed, implemented, and administered occupational injury and illness prevention programs including safety committee, OSHA, workers’ compensation.
– Established and maintained department records and reports. Maintained company organization charts and employee directory.
– Evaluated reports, decisions, and results of HR department in relation to established goals. Recommended new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.